Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Week in Review


Well it's been quite a week! We have been busy... busy.... busy!!! Here's whats been going on in the Jones' home. We have been working on the kitchen...I know boring! On Wednesday, I turned 35 and had a great day with my family and my mom even made me my favorite peanut butter cake! Check out my recipe blog @ www.ourjonesfamilyrecipes.blogspot.com for the recipe...shameless plug I know :-) We had a fun night out with my parents and siblings on Friday... it got crazy! (It involved a car full of adults and the YMCA dance... I wish I had a video!) Saturday started out great! We were getting a lot done in the kitchen and Dana had just started cutting the stringers for new stairs when the unthinkable happened! He caught his right hand in the table saw! We rushed to the hospital and he ended up having surgery to reattach 2 fingers and reconstruction on 2 others. The good news is that he will have no permanent damage to his hand function!!!! Praise the Lord! The not so good news is that our kitchen project will take a little longer than we had hoped or planned for. That part is driving him crazy! I have been giving him the same advice he always gives me when I am frustrated or worried about something...he always says "Can you change it? No...then don't worry about it." We have a lot to be thankful for on this Monday! The contractors began today and made a lot of progress which lifted our spirits once again. God is so good that way! He knows just what you need when you need it!

No comments: